Professor Hoppe was the keynote speaker at the recent, very successful Australian Mises Seminar, 25-26th November, 2011, held in a private club in the Sydney CBD. Various posts about the event, and the videos released to date (which are in 1080p HD), are linked below.
Some more reports on the seminar and related posts:
- Hoppe’s Inarticulate Australian Critics: The Hon Dr Peter Phelps, Dr Steven Kates and James Paterson, by Benjamin Marks;
- The Mises Seminar was conducted by Aussienomics, an Austrian-Australian group, Economics.org.au, Liberty Australia, and the Macquare University Libertarian League;
- The Seminar Guide at http://www.mises.org.au/
programme.pdf, or here, a beautifully produced, 108-page programme, full of nice pictures and illustrations of Mises, Rothbard, and others, inspiring quotes, and an overview of the seminar. The main reason for its length is that it contains “Pre-Seminar Reading” (A Primer on Austrian Economics by Jonathan M. Finegold Catalan; the second chapter of Hans-Hermann Hoppe’s book Economic Science and the Austrian Method, on On Praxeology and the Praxeological Foundation of Epistemology; Anatomy of the State by Murray N. Rothbard; and What Libertarianism Is by Stephan Kinsella);
- A podcast by some of the organizers discussing the Seminar may be found here;
- The Mises Seminar, from Thoughts on Freedom, Australian Libertarian Society Blog;
- Where There’s Smoke, There’s Libertarians, Nickolai Hubble, The Daily Reckoning—Australia;
- My Journey to Anarchy: From political and economic agnostic to anarchocapitalist, Neville Kennard.
The two videos available so far are embedded below: